Monday, August 13, 2012

Aug. 13, 2012 - A Day at a Time


A Day at a Time
Monday, Aug. 13, 2012

Reflection for the Day
The Program’s Fourth Step suggests that we make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. For some of us, no challenge seems more formidable; there’s nothing more difficult than facing ourselves as we really are. We flee from one wrongdoing after another as they catch up with us, forever making excuses, pleading always that our virtues in other areas far outweigh our flaws. Yet once we become willing to look squarely and self-searchingly at ourselves, we’re then able to illuminate the dark and negative side of our natures with new vision, action, and grace.
Am I willing to open my eyes and step out into the sunlight?

Today I Pray
May my Higher Power stop me in my tracks if I am running away from myself. For I will never overcome my misdeeds, or the flaws in my character which brought them about, by letting them chase me. May I slow down and turn to face them with the most trusty weapon I know - truth.

Today I Will Remember
I will not be a fugitive from myself.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment