Sunday, May 21, 2023

May 21, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Being humble

We are always simply servants of our groups, not presidents or authorities. We all take turns doing the fellowship’s work. If we take on more than we can handle, chances are we’ll feel martyred or we’ll simply drop out. But this is not common when we share ourselves in the true spirit of service.

If we act in the true spirit of humility, cleaning up or putting away chairs will never be too low a task for us, and being a committee member will never be too exalted.

Am I developing humility?

Higher Power, help me to see how I might serve my group today in whatever capacity.

Today I will practice humility in serving my brothers and sisters by…

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment