Thursday, April 6, 2023

April 6, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

 

Step by Step
Thursday, April 6, 2023

Todaygratitude for the freedom I have in recovery and that the physical and emotional sickness of active drinking exists no more. Drunk, I had no choice but to feel bad physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. I had no choice but to do everything my way because there was no other way. I had no choice but to lie to hide or dodge the consequence of some misdeed. I had no choice but to feel self-loathing, pity, shame and guilt because I didn’t know there could be something better. Sober, I have the choice to feel good. I have the wisdom to understand my way isn’t always the best and seek the guidance of something stronger and wiser, I have the choice not to lie because I don’t have to lie anymore. I have the choice to let go of self-deprecation because I have the beginning of a worthy self-image. Today, in sobriety, I have the freedom not to hurt and, God granting, my path to freedom is built on the 12 Steps and Traditions. And our common journey continues. Step by step. – Chris M., 2023

No comments:

Post a Comment