Sunday, January 22, 2023

Jan. 22, 2023 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

 

Sunday, Jan. 22, 2023

Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Daily Studies

I thoroughly enjoy recovery literature and have my whole reading routine in the morning. Some books I read once a month; some daily. Around the Year with Emmett Fox is more of a religious one. I’m also in a book study with my old sponsor on Tuesday nights, reading The Untethered SoulWe do other books, like Drop the RockIt’s a really good book about Steps Six and Seven of the Twelve Step program; that’s what the whole book is about.

I read As Bill Sees Itmy Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, the Big Book, and the Al-Anon Service Manual. I also have the Al-Anon Blueprint for ProgressIt’s over eighty pages long with a thorough three-page character checklist in the back: from “trustworthy” and “prone to gossip” to “envious” and “disagreeable.”

How could I carry the message without the literature? It is an integral part of my recovery.

Reading recovery-based literature inspires my daily stride in sobriety.

— Mary H., U.S. Navy, 1984–2004

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment