Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Feb. 19, 2020 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020
Today’s Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:
We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. — Joseph Campbell
Over and over we tried to drink or use in ways that wouldn’t hurt us or those we loved. The harder we tried, the more out of control we became.
Recovery asks us to surrender and accept. We surrender to the reality that we were powerless over our addiction and that our lives were unmanageable. In order to step into our new life, we have to let go of the life we had wanted and the life we had planned. We step into a life our Higher Power has waiting for us. We must accept that there is nothing back there for us. We must look forward with anticipation.
Prayer for the Day
Higher Power, help me live the life you want for me. Help me to surrender my will and life over to your care.
Today’s Action
I will spend some time today reflecting on what type of life my Higher Power wants for me. I will then ask myself, “Am I working with my Higher Power or against my Higher Power’s plan for me?”
Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment