Tuesday, July 10, 2018

July 10, 2018 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

A Day at a Time
Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Reflection for the Day
The Program is a road, not a resting place. Before we came to The Program - and, for some of us, many times afterward - most of us looked for answers to our living problems in religion, philosophy, psychology, self-help groups and so on. Invariably, these fields held forth the goals that were precisely what we wanted; they offered freedom, calm, confidence, and joy. But there was one major loophole: they never gave us a workable method of getting there. They never told us how to get from where we were to where we were supposed to be.

Do I truly believe that I can find everything that I need and really want through the Twelve Steps?

Today I Pray
May I know that, once through the Twelve Steps, I am not on a plane surface. For life is not a flat field, but a slope upward. And those flights of steps must be taken over and over and remembered. May I be sure that once I have made them totally familiar to me, they will take me anywhere I want to go.

Today I Will Remember
The Steps are a road, not a resting place.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment