Sunday, July 30, 2017

July 30, 2017 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Sunday, July 30, 2017
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

As he thinketh in his heart, so is he.
 -- Proverbs 23:7


How we view our circumstances directly affects how we feel about them. Being in debt can cause us to cast dark shadows over our world - shadows that create a sense of doom and gloom. I can't get out from under it; I can't go on vacation; I can't get my hair cut, buy a shirt, go out to dinner, get season tickets. I would go to school but ...

Most of us were told as children not to say can't and to never say never. We rephrase our negative thoughts and statements in the positive and in the present, as if the positive already exists. Our outlook and, amazingly, our circumstances brighten considerably. Ideas about how to move forward pop into our head, replacing excuses with a powerful energy - an energy that moves us toward accomplishing our goals.
Today I will ask myself whether I see the glass as half empty or half full.
You are reading from the book:
Letting Go of Debt © 2000 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment