Saturday, October 24, 2015

Oct. 24, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015
Today's thought from the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

Reflection for the Day
Personal freedom is mine for the taking. No matter how close are the ties of love and concern that bind me to my family and friends, I must always remember that I am an individual, free to be myself and live my own life in serenity and joy. The keyword in this realization is personal. For I can free myself from many involvements that seem necessary. Through the Program, I am learning to develop my own personality. Am I reinforcing my personal freedom by leaving others free to control their actions and destinies?

Today I Pray
May I find personal freedom, by reevaluating associations, establishing new priorities, gaining respect for my own personhood. May I give others equal room to find their own kinds of personal freedoms.

Today I Will Remember 

Take the liberty. It's yours.
You are reading from the book:
A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment