Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Aug. 23, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Twenty-Four Hours a Day

The Serenity Prayer
Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2015

AA Thought for the Day
"If we are still clinging to something that we will not let go, we must sincerely ask God to help us to be willing to let even that go, too. We cannot divide our lives into compartments and keep some for ourselves. We must give all the compartments to God. We must say: 'My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good and bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my friends'."
Am I still clinging to something that I will not let go? 

Meditation for the Day
The laws of nature cannot be changed and must be obeyed if you are to stay healthy. No exceptions will be made in your case. Submit to the laws of nature or they will finally break you. And in the realm of the spirit, in all human relationships, submit to the moral laws and to the will of God. If you continue to break the laws of honesty, purity, unselfishness and love, you will be broken to some extent yourself. The moral and spiritual laws of God, like the laws of nature, are unbreakable without some disaster. If you are dishonest, impure, selfish and unloving, you will not be living according to the laws of the spirit and you will suffer the consequences.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may submit to the laws of nature and to the laws of God. I pray that I may live in harmony with all the laws of life.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment