Friday, July 31, 2015

July 31, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Today's Gift from Hazelden

Friday, July 31, 2015
Today's thought from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation is:

I ask that You might help me work through all my problems, to Your Glory and Honor.
 -- Alcoholics Anonymous


Many of us lived in situations where it wasn't okay to identify, have, or talk about problems. Denial became a way of life - our way of dealing with problems.

In recovery, many of us still fear problems. We may spend more time reacting to a problem than we do to solving it. We miss the point; we miss the lesson; we miss the gift. Problems are a part of life. So are solutions.

In recovery, we learn to focus on solving our problems. First, we make certain the problem is our problem. If it isn't, our problem is establishing boundaries. Then we seek the best solution. This may mean setting a goal, asking for help, gathering more information, taking an action, or letting go.

Face and solve today's problems. Don't worry needlessly about tomorrow's problems, because when they appear, we'll have the resources necessary to solve them.

God, help me face and solve my problems today. Help me do my part and let the rest go. I can learn to be a problem-solver.
You are reading from the book:
The Language of Letting Go © 1990 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment