Thursday, April 23, 2015

April 23, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

The Serenity Prayer
A Day at a Time
Thursday, April 23, 2015

Reflection for the Day
No matter what it is that seems to be our need or problems, we can find something to rejoice in, something for which to give thanks. It is not God who needed to be thanked, but we who need to be thankful. Thankfulness opens new doors to good in our life. Thankfulness creates a new heart and a new spirit in us. 
Do I keep myself aware of the many blessings that come to me each day and remember to be thankful for them?

Today I Pray
May God fill me with a spirit of thankfulness. When I express my thanks, however fumbling, to God or to another human being, I am not only being gracious to Him or that other person for helping me, but I am also giving myself the greatest reward of all - a thankful heart. May I not forget either the transitive "to thank," directed at someone else, or the intransitive "giving thanks," which fills my own great need.

Today I Will Remember
Thank and give thanks.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment