Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March 4, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: A Day at a Time

The Serenity Prayer
A Day at a Time
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
 
Reflection for the Day
We may not know any specifics about the activities of today; we may not know whether we'll be alone or with others. We may feel the day contains too much time - or not enough. We may be facing tasks we're eager to complete, or tasks we've been resisting. Though the details of each person's day differ, each person's day does hold one similarity: we each have the opportunity to choose to think positive thoughts. The choice depends less on our outside activities than on our inner commitment.

Can I accept that I alone have the power to control my attitude?

Today I Pray
May I keep the fire of inner commitment alive through this whole, glorious day, whether my activities are a succession of workaday tasks or free-form and creative. May I choose to make this a good day for me, and for those around me.

Today I Will Remember
Keep the commitment.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment