Friday, February 20, 2015

Feb. 20, 2015 - Readings in Recovery: Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Friday, Feb. 20, 2015 
Today, I will, in these 24 Hours, put aside MY wants and hear the cry of someone whose need is greater, whose anguish cuts deeper and whose fears are more haunting than mine. My prayers and hopes will be for THAT person because HIS needs might, just might, be more important than mine. And in trying to put myself aside in favor of someone else this day, pray that I might experience a fundamental change, a change toward compassion, empathy and selflessness. But in achieving that, my motive hasn't really been altogether selfless: I may have progressed to my first or another spiritual awakening by attaining humility in the knowledge that my own fears, insecurities and problems may not be as heavy as someone else's. Today, someone whose burdens are heavier than mine will have my prayers. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment