Monday, December 22, 2014

Dec. 22, 2014 - Step by Step

The Serenity Prayer
Step by Step
Monday, Dec. 22, 2014 
Today, the uncertainty of the darkness of endless night eventually gives way to the certainty of cold daylight and, today, I begin to emerge from the darkness with the affirmation that I need and am worthy of something better. No more nightly binges into alcoholic oblivion that fuel the regrets, remorse and self-pity the morning after, and no more wallowing in the anguish that is little more than my pathetic rationalization that I have to drink. My mistakes have been many and great, the pain I inflicted on others and myself deep and perhaps not able to be healed, and the lies too many and too great that, now, not even I can believe them. The darkness that masks the uncertainty of my nights has finally given way to daylight and, today, someone has thrown me the lifeline of AA. If I can go on blind faith alone that I am worthy, I can grab the lifeline. Today, I will. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment