Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sept. 24, 2014 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

The Serenity Prayer
Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

About the time I wish I were dead, something falls in my path about which I make a difference. Then I figure God was saving me for that.
 -- Janice Clark

Not everybody has the easy faith that Janice has, but perhaps we could all cultivate it. They say it's never too late to make a friend of God who's been waiting in the wings all along. But some may question this point, particularly if they have lived long without attending to their spiritual side. Indeed, it's not a requirement. However, those who have sought the counsel of a Higher Spirit have found comfort in the knowledge that they are never alone.

One of the plusses of believing in God is knowing that we don't have to handle any situation that occurs without guidance. We never have to have all the answers. We never have to have any of them, in fact. All we have to do is seek them from the only Source that really has them.

If we haven't allowed our lives to be this easy up to now, let's give this process a chance. There's no reason to keep struggling with the circumstances that happen to us.

I will acknowledge the rightness of whatever comes my way today.
From the book:
Keepers of the Wisdom © 1996 by Karen Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment