Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014 - Today's Gift from Hazelden

Monday, July 21, 2014
Today's thought from Hazelden is:

Reflection for the Day
The slogan "Live and Let Live" can be extremely helpful when we are having trouble tolerating other people's behavior. We know for certain that nobody's behavior - no matter how offensive, distasteful or vicious - is worth the price of a relapse. Our own recovery is primary, and while we must be unafraid of walking away from people or situations that cause us discomfort, we must also make a special effort to try to understand other people - especially those who rub us the wrong way. Can I accept the fact, in my recovery, that it is more important to understand than to be understood?

Today I Pray
When I run headlong into someone's unpleasant behavior, may I first try my best to understand. Then, if my own sobriety seems threatened, may I have the courage to remove myself from the situation.

Today I Will Remember
Live and let live.
From the book:
A Day at a Time © 1989 by Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment