Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Today, let me accept that service to other people or causes is the essential element in my program of recovery, that expending some of my attention to anything other than myself may put my problems in a more accurate perspective. Service can range from giving a lead talk, talking to a sponsor or one I sponsor, volunteering to make the coffee for a meeting or simply listening to someone else's problems or experiences. And possibly, the problems I have, or think I have and maybe exaggerate, may seem somewhat less burdensome. Adversely, I must respect prudence in not expending myself to the extreme that my own needs and working on problems are sacrificed and neglected. In the end, my Program requires that I not focus all that I have completely on myself and that, sharing or volunteering for some degree of service work may make my own problems less heavy. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment