Monday, September 16, 2013

Sept. 16, 2013 - Twenty-Four Hours a Day

Twenty-Four Hours a Day
Monday, Sept. 16, 2013

AA Thought for the Day
Today, let us begin a short study of The Twelve Suggested Steps of AA. These Twelve Suggested Steps seem to embody five principles. The first step is the membership requirement step. The second, third and eleventh steps are the spiritual steps of the program. The fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and tenth steps are the personal inventory steps. The eighth and ninth steps are the restitution steps. The twelfth step is the passing on of the program, or helping others, step. So the five principles are membership requirement, spiritual basis, personal inventory, restitution and helping others.

Have I made all these steps a part of me?

Meditation for the Day
We seem to live not only in time but also in eternity. If we abide with God and He abides with us, we may bring forth spiritual fruit which will last for eternity. If we live with God, our lives can flow as some calm river through the dry land of earth. It can cause the trees and flowers of the spiritual life - love and service - to spring forth and yield abundantly. Spiritual work may be done for eternity, not just for now. Even here on earth we can live as though our real lives were eternal.

Prayer for the Day
I pray that I may try to make my life a cool river in a thirsty land. I pray that I may give freely to all who ask my help.

Hazelden Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment