Wednesday, July 17, 2013

July 17, 2013 - Step by Step

Step by Step
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
 
Today, I absolutely must be grateful instead of crediting myself for all things good that happen today, however small. My spiritual fitness depends on humility, and humility crumbles into self-importance and egoism if I think that I and I alone worked hard and "deserve" the good and accomplishments of today. Although it is appropriate to hope that my decisions and actions contributed to some good, gratitude has to be given for my correct decisions and actions. With the AA program , my spiritual and emotional foundations would not be as solid as they have become since I surrendered to the Program and set out on its charted course. Today, I am grateful to AA for empowering me with the ability to do whatever is right that returns to me in the form of something good. While I can say I grabbed the lifeline, it is that lifeline - not me - that is owed the gratitude for the good I have today. And our common journey continues. Step by step. - Chris M., 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment